Sunday 20 January 2008

When the baby’s born oh let’s turn it to the snow
So that ice will surely grow over weak and brittle bones
Oh let’s leave it to the wolves
So their teeth turn it to food
Oh it’s flesh keeps them alive
Oh as death helps life survive
Oh the world can be kind in its own way.
Oh well your future’s a machine with the mechanics of a dream
It is your mind that spins the wheel and your heart that makes you feel
All the guilt for all your sins oh and as the wheels spins
Oh well it plays as they believe and for your husband you have grieved
Oh the world still deceives you as it turns
Oh in my lucid moments I can see
That the heart may be the weakest part of me
Oh and the moon controls the movements of the tides
Oh but it has no weight on the movements of my mind
But if you turn your hand to flames oh the light will burn the same
Whether you just pass it through or if its what you meant to do
Oh and you sense of culpability
Is from the gods that you believed will show you grace, oh when you turn to lace,
Oh but now the love you’ve found has laid you in the muddy ground
Oh but death will let you down because your cursed
You still go on the same
Oh my god what a beautiful intelligent flowing heart of a song, that is utterly fantastic - I suppose I shall tell them, how wonderful even though here there’s torn paper and a black bit and the record’s still going pumputididuw over and over and over but now its stopped and maybe it mocks the beauty of the sound that now has passed its echoes are louder than those of men yes perhaps but still in my heart and mind the song rings on yes yes ring in the new, blue blue boundless blue of my truth and fair colour, you have my heart forever in ashes or sunk to the whirlpool and the fish shall lick me and there you have another song that will echo on in the sunken silent chambers of the sea , oh Ireland and the staka beans, sing to me across the aching sea, sing sing across the twisted yelping seas, bring me beauty and bring me tears, bring me gorse and heather pain of my flesh and wine of my blood oh yes Ireland and my island yes that feathered isle yes I’ll be with you in you on you and all about you when the summer is upon us, pending sun pending the spring’s approach, and with such a soft approach of stellar wind of youth and life can spring be far behind?

1am 21 January 2008

No comments: